This week in class we started out writing stories on the smart boards. Every group had a bored and started the story. The main characters in our stories were characters from the play She Stoops to Conquer. My group had Ms. Neville and we started with her at a pub in Scotland where her car was broken in to. I noticed during this activity we as a whole (college kids) are all about alcohol and affairs from looking around at the other stories. After the exercise we then broke off in to groups to make either a movie trailer, Super bowl Ad or a story of a person. This exercise was so much fun! We had a blast making our trailer and editing and adding music. I have always wondered how to do that kind of stuff; it makes me want to throw my PC over the Queenston/Lewiston Bridge and get a Mac. For out next class I am looking forward to seeing the other videos, and the visit from the Opportunities Unlimited people.
I have spent quality time with an adult with a cognitive disability, well actually 2 adults. Both of my aunts on my dad’s side and my mom’s have a disability. My dad’s sister had Down syndrome; my mom’s sister has epilepsy and brain damage from lack of oxygen during birth. I never knew about my dad’s sister till I was about 12 we went to visit her a few times but we were young so it was limited; but she was an awesome artist , my one memories with her was our family outing to pizza hut for dinner. With my other aunt, it’s a different story. She acts so helpless and needy, my grandparents are basically her slaves, and she has the mentality of a 16 yr old. But she enjoys is when we take her out shopping. The last person that I know with a disability is Adam Arnone. We rode the bus together when we were younger. He went to BOCES and my sister and I went to St. Joes, both in Batavia. Adams Parents work with my dad at Attica Prison. Adams dad was a guard with my dad and his mom was a secretary. Adam was such a sweetheart he had downs also. I would sit with him on the bus and he would color and I would help him. He would kiss us on the cheek goodbye, one time we had this bus aid Peggy and she acted inappropriately with Adam. He was upset that Natalie my sister wasn’t able to sit with him so to shut him up she took her elbow to his head and shoved it against the window. When we got off at the bus to meet up with another bus Adams dad was there to pick him up. We told him what happened and needless to say Peggy was no longer our Aid.
I have spent quality time with an adult with a cognitive disability, well actually 2 adults. Both of my aunts on my dad’s side and my mom’s have a disability. My dad’s sister had Down syndrome; my mom’s sister has epilepsy and brain damage from lack of oxygen during birth. I never knew about my dad’s sister till I was about 12 we went to visit her a few times but we were young so it was limited; but she was an awesome artist , my one memories with her was our family outing to pizza hut for dinner. With my other aunt, it’s a different story. She acts so helpless and needy, my grandparents are basically her slaves, and she has the mentality of a 16 yr old. But she enjoys is when we take her out shopping. The last person that I know with a disability is Adam Arnone. We rode the bus together when we were younger. He went to BOCES and my sister and I went to St. Joes, both in Batavia. Adams Parents work with my dad at Attica Prison. Adams dad was a guard with my dad and his mom was a secretary. Adam was such a sweetheart he had downs also. I would sit with him on the bus and he would color and I would help him. He would kiss us on the cheek goodbye, one time we had this bus aid Peggy and she acted inappropriately with Adam. He was upset that Natalie my sister wasn’t able to sit with him so to shut him up she took her elbow to his head and shoved it against the window. When we got off at the bus to meet up with another bus Adams dad was there to pick him up. We told him what happened and needless to say Peggy was no longer our Aid.

Our video was definately the best movie!!
ReplyDeleteGood job!!! We love EDU 239!
ReplyDelete:D
Nice job here.
ReplyDeleteWhat does our text say about Transition. Look it up in the index