What are the top three things you need to know when dealing with parents?
When dealing with the parents, you need to know a few things; such as, the student’s background and strengths, and their weakness, you also need to know the child’s level that there at. It helps if the teacher knows the background of the parents. If they are economically sound, race, education level. This could all help a teacher get the point across to the parents and let them know the status of their child’s learning.
The Teacher that I am with at Lew-Port has her teacher conferences coming up, November 17th. She mentioned that I am more than willing to sit in and experience it as long as the parents are ok with it. When my cousin had her very first teacher/parent conferences she crashed and burned horribly, when my sister and I let everyone know that we are going to be teachers the first thing our cousin did was tell us all her horror stories and the parent/teacher story. I just hope that I can bring all these things to the table when I graduate.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment